Here are five things you can do to get your home ready for the market.
We still have a fantastic market here in the Southern Tier area. If you’re looking to sell your home, I want to give you my top five tips to help get your property ready for the market:
1. Declutter. I often see a lot of clutter when I show a buyer around a house. All that stuff doesn’t make a buyer feel great about your home, especially in the most important rooms. I always tell people to take a quick look around and start decluttering. Take unused appliances off your kitchen counters, clean the top of the fridge, remove all the extra knickknacks, and make sure there aren’t too many pillows on the sofa.
2. Refresh your rooms. This could be putting a new coat of paint in a room or getting rid of a nasty smell. Ask yourself if some of your rooms need to be refreshed. If you want to put your best foot forward, we have professional stagers that can help make your home pop.
“Your real estate professionals have tools to make sure they price your home right.”
3. Hire a professional photographer. If you hire a Realtor who decides to take pictures of your home with their cell phone, stop them right there. Your home requires professional photography. You can really spot the difference when you look online.
4. Price your home correctly. This doesn’t mean overpricing your home. If you do that, it will sit on the market too long, and buyers will wonder what’s wrong with it. Your real estate professionals have tools to make sure they price your home right, so consult with them and hone in on the best price range.
5. Hire the right agent. I’m always available if you want a consultation on how to get your home on the market. Text or call me. My team and I are happy to sit down with you and talk strategy.
If you’re thinking about putting your home on the market, let’s have a conversation. Call, email, or text my team or me. We would love to hear from you.